What we do
Our active team of core volunteers who work on grassroots and specialist issues with the Executive Committee, Response Team, Volunteer Group and Campaign Office team run a wide-reaching programme aimed at preventing the resurrection of any serious proposals for a second runway and at tackling the impacts of Stansted Airport’s operations which affect the quality of life of so many in the community. Many initiatives – though not all – are the subject of press releases which appear in our Media Centre.
We have resolved to use all lawful measures necessary to achieve our objective including:
- Pursuing our vigorous campaign of publicity, lobbying and grass roots activities
- Increasing public awareness of the issues in order to gain support
- Making representations to Government departments, local authorities, the City and other decision-makers and influencers
- Identifying and, where necessary, pursuing legal challenges
- Challenging inappropriate expansion proposals for Stansted Airport via the planning system
- Conducting and commissioning inquiries and research to support the campaign
- Building partnerships with like-minded organisations based on common ground
SSE’s activities are supported through our communications campaign and events programme. If you’d like to do something to help, see our Support SSE page or contact our Campaign Office if you’d like to offer to volunteer.